Updated August 19, 2021
Dear CSHC family,
Charlotte Speech and Hearing Center is an essential service provider and has decided to open our Charlotte and Monroe offices to patients by appointment only. Our offices are currently open Mondays and Wednesdays from 8am-5pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am-6pm and Fridays from 8am-12pm. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
Our team has created an extensive safety protocol that mirrors the recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and state of North Carolina. If you plan to visit our facility for an in-person appointment, please be aware of the following safety protocols we have put in place:
- Prior to your appointment, you will be asked questions to screen for COVID-19 risk factors. Based on your responses, you may be asked to schedule your appointment at a later time.
- Currently we are limiting in-center visitors: Patients can be accompanied by 1 other person for their appointment.
- Additionally, we are requiring all adult patients and their guests, as well as all children except in approved circumstances, to wear a face mask prior to entering our building. All patients and visitors should bring their own face masks to the clinic.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will utilize a contactless thermometer to scan your temperature. If your temperature registers at 100.4 F or higher, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Following this check-in procedure, you will be asked to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer prior to being seen by your provider.
All Charlotte Speech and Hearing Center team members will be required to wash their hands before and after each patient interaction and to wear a face mask or shield during appointments; clear barriers will also be utilized during speech therapy sessions. Modifications may be made to accommodate patient’s communication needs and plan of care. Our team will be thoroughly sanitizing treatment rooms after each patient and cleaning high-touch areas every morning, lunchtime, and evening.
Although our facility will be open, we are encouraging our patients to continue utilizing virtual services, such as speech-language tele-therapy and virtual hearing consults. We will continue offering these services as well as “drive-up” hearing healthcare appointments until further notice.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Thank you for supporting CSHC and the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community.
Shannon Tucker, Executive Director
Charlotte Speech and Hearing Center