In 2017, the Charlotte Speech & Hearing Center is proud to celebrate our 50th Anniversary of providing the community with superior speech-language and hearing services. Not only will this exciting milestone serve as an opportunity to reflect on our achievements, it will also significantly strengthen our organization as we look forward to serving the community for another 50 years.
This year is the perfect time to get involved. Learn about our rich history, our current services to the community and how our exciting new programs will continue to impact children, seniors and families across the Charlotte region for years to come.
50 Faces of CSHC
We will be sharing 50 stories reflecting the past, present and future of CSHC starting in April and starring our founders, past and current patients, local community leaders and more. Here’s a sneak peak!
Please share and like our 50 Faces stars on your own social media!
9th Annual Beauty of Expression Event
May 4th 6:30pm
50 Ears for 50 Years
CSHC will be giving away 50 hearing aids to individuals living with hearing loss in August, more details to come!
50th Anniversary Gala
October 6th at The Palmer Building
We hope you can join us as we celebrate all year!
All donations makes a difference no matter how big or small, especially now! From now until May 31st first-time donations will be matched by the Leon Levine Foundation dollar for dollar in honor of our 50th anniversary! Learn about the POWer of 50 and how your dollars help.
The POWer of $50
- 3 speech screenings to identify children in need of early intervention services
- A hearing evaluation to determine the presence and severity of hearing loss in children
- Therapy games and supplies for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Multiply your POWer!
The POWer of $100
- 1 hour of Language and Literacy Instruction for 8 low-income preschoolers
- Hearing aid repair for a neighbor in need
- Sponsors one workshop to train 10 parents on active reading and language development
The POWer of $250
- 50 books for our March Madness for Reading program
- One month of speech therapy sessions for a child using our Assistance Fund
The POWer of $500
- A new, digital hearing aid for a child, adult or senior living with hearing loss
- A year of follow-up and maintenance services for a child with hearing aids
The POWer of $1000
- One entire month of language-literacy intervention for a preschool classroom to improve kindergarten readiness
Click on an image to learn more!